facebooktwitterInstagramlinkedinyoutubeRSS

B.A.A. Half Marathon Recap; You Mean I’m Not Superwoman?

Welcome to my first video blog. This is just one of many videos I plan to bring you on my YouTube channel. I plan to do exercise demonstrations, fitness tips and “how to’s”.

This video is a recap of the half marathon I ran last Sunday. I talk about an unexpected knee injury, the course and how it felt to finish.  This is the first time I’ve run 13.1 miles ever.  I think I’ve got the long distance runner’s bug.

How do you handle your runner’s injuries?  Do you have any tips for dealing with knee pain?

Be Sociable, Share!

9 Comments

Kelli 11-10-2012, 20:33

Congrats on finishing! Love the sign your friend made you.

Kristen Mercier 15-10-2012, 23:44

Yes, I have quite the fan club. ;)

Erika 11-10-2012, 21:38

Great video, Kristen!

Kristen Mercier 15-10-2012, 23:43

Thank you!

KymberlyFunFit 11-10-2012, 23:02

You have gone over to the dark side – running! Ha ha haaa I want to run (not long distance, mind you), but my darn knee injuries prevent that. I wish you well!

Kristen Mercier 15-10-2012, 23:43

I never thought I would make it over to the dark side but here I am. I think it has more to do with finding new ways to challenge myself than anything. This run was extremely hard on my knees. I could barely walk for 2 days, but nothing a little acupuncture couldn’t cure. I think next time I’ll go for one that has a flat course.

Be Fit with Kristen - Living a fit and healthy lifestyle. Loving life ~ always. 04-01-2013, 09:00

[...] for 2013 yet. It’s not a bad thing. I had a great 2012 and accomplished many things. I ran my first 1/2 marathon, I became certified as a Cancer Exercise Specialist, accepted as a FitFluential Ambassador and [...]

Be Fit with Kristen - Living a fit and healthy lifestyle. Loving life ~ always. 14-01-2013, 09:27

[...] myself wrong. I finally worked up the courage to run my first 1/2 marathon. I learned that while I am certainly not Superwoman, my body is capable of doing what I never thought it could. I’m glad I [...]

Be Fit with Kristen - Living a fit and healthy lifestyle. Loving life ~ always. 25-03-2013, 08:50

[...] I know exactly how you feel; anxious and afraid to fail. Most of you know that I completed my first 1/2 marathon last October. Though I knew that January that I wanted to run a 1/2 marathon, I didn’t [...]